Monday, January 16, 2012

Writing with Light

White False Indigo

I have been loving the ice on the pond at Gorman.  Without snow, we can actually see the ice.  The "finish" on the ice has a sheen.  It is reflective though not strongly so.  I have been calling it a "patina."  That feeling motivated me to make this shot.  I arrived there after sunrise.

The next shot with the same plant was created on a cloudy day.  It has a much darker feeling but still shows the patina.  

White False Indigo

This shot works alright but the feeling for me is way different.  My eye likes the leading line of the shore and follows it down to the other end of the pond.  I see the patina on the ice but it definitely lacks the feeling I get in the next one.  This one feels dark to me.  Not exceptionally dark but dark non-the-less.
White False Indigo
This one makes my heart sing.  The sun was still behind the trees on the right and there where clouds in the sky directly across from pond.  They make an interesting reflection on the patina of the ice.  I like this one the best of all of these.  What do think?


http://www.larrysimages.com/



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: