Friday, January 20, 2012

Graphic Elements More Important than Color

Thin Ice 1740_02_04
Thin Ice 1740_12_16
These images were captured in RAW as almost all of mine are.  The interest for me was the patterns in the thin ice.  The light direction caused the interesting patterns to stand out, but it also showed things below the surface which detracted.  I later decided that a B&W rendition might be more effective so I made the conversion using a B&W adjustment layer in Photoshop.  I like this means of making the conversion because it gives me lots of control.  I think of shooting B&W in the the days of film.  I never achieved the technical ability to use colored filters on B&W film but I was aware that accomplished photographers did it.  I was able to eliminate some of the distracting elements from view with this adjustment.
 
 
Thin Ice 1740_02_04
Thin Ice 1740_12_16
I think these images have more impact as B&W.  What do you think?

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: