Sunday, January 15, 2012

Deformed Rocks for the Decorator

Deformed Rock
This is the other side of the rock I showed you yesterday.  I found myself thinking, "I wonder what Carol would think of this?"  I decided that she would not like the yellow for decorating.  I decided to try an experiment.  It seems that some folks really like a shade of blue for their decorating.  I started thinking out of the box and made some drastic color changes.  

Blue Deformed Rock
I added two color adjustment layers in Photoshop to the first image at the top.  I moved all three sliders toward cyan, green and blue for highlights, mid-tones, and shadows.  I liked the result except for the lower left corner which contained too much yellow.  I added the second layer and made even more drastic adjustments as I watched that lower left portion.  I then masked off the drastic adjustments except for the lower left area.  

I made a 4x6 print and put it on the coffee table without saying anything.  I know in the first few seconds whether Carol likes something.  She does too.  She said that she wanted a large print of it.  I was feeling deceptive at first and eventually started to tell her what I had done.  I decided that if she still wanted the print after I told her, I would make it for her.  She did not seem bothered by the info, but I am not sure she understood what I was saying.  I will catch her in a moment when I have her attention and tell and show her.  I think that I will ask her to help me make those adjustments.  (I did not keep the adjustments after I made the 4x6 so I must redo it with her help.) 

I remember telling you that I have a poor color memory, but in this case I nailed it.  She liked it immediately.


http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook 

Feed 

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: