Sunday, January 29, 2012

Volcano Ejecta II

Volcano Ejecta
Another colorful rock.  This one contains the distorted lines.  It is porous.  The porosity and the color says to me lava.  I have some samples of lava and it sure looks like the same thing to me.  

Volcano Ejecta
What a Hodge-podge of rock!  This must have been formed by high pressure and heat.

Light Box Setup
I use a 20 inch cubic light box.  It creates nice soft light on the subject.  I set a custom white balance.  I like this setup because it is comfortable for me to use.  As I do the macro work on the computer, I can zoom in to the individual pixals, 100%, and see lots of detail in the rock.

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: