Saturday, January 28, 2012

Volcanic Ejecta

Volcano Ejecta
I was initially drawn to this rock by the folded and distorted lines around the edges.  As I looked at it closer and rotated it in the light I saw that it might be a geode.  The crystals are at the far left in the dark place.  I feel sure that the distortion of the lines was caused my heat and pressure.  The yellowish center may be lava.  That is why I think it was ejected from a volcano

Volcano Ejecta
As I looked closer, I saw the granularity in the "lava."  And my attention was drawn to that dark area with crystals.

Volcano Ejecta
These crystals may not be diamonds but a diamond is one crystal which is ejected from a volcano.

http://www.larrysimages.com/



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


No comments: