Friday, February 3, 2012

Benefit of HDR

GNC Frog Pond
I made this shot using one exposure.  I actually made several, each time looking at the histogram on my camera, to watch for blown highlights.  This is the exposure that I settled on.  There are still some blown highlights but it was a compromise between that and the rest being too dark. 

GNC Frog Pond
Following the above, I shot a series to be processed in HDR software.  I thought that the change in effect was dramatic.  There are still very high end highlights.  The tonality of the rest of the image came up to a level which makes it express more accurately the time of day.


http://www.larrysimages.com/



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: