Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Rock Mountain

Rock Mountain
This is another rock from the "tumbler mix" I bought last summer.  It kind of reminded me of the Matterhorn.  I thought that it might look even more like it with some clouds in the background.  The clouds were shot late in the spring of 2004 when we were having dramatic afternoon clouds on many succeeding days.  I could not pass up the chance to photograph them.


Rock Mountain
I thought that I must be careful to choose clouds where the light on the rock and the clouds was similar.  I think that this one has the most consistent light with regard to direction.  I am not so sure about color temperature.


Rock Mountain
I found that flipping the clouds horizontally would help correct the light direction issue.  I think that I should have done so on this one.  I still can if I decide to make a print.

Maybe it needs more shadows on the rock.  Maybe more directional light.  What do you think?

http://www.larrysimages.com/



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


Feed 

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: