Monday, September 5, 2011

Five-leaf Clover

Five-leaf clover
I found quite a few four-leaf clovers and a few five-leaf ones as I grew up on the farm.  I was not looking for one this morning but I found it anyway.  Now I know that some might say that it could be easily "photoshopped" so I made an image of another view also.

Five-leaf Clover (center)
I was thinking about it after making these images.  I know that as I grew up it was considered lucky if you found a four-leaf clover.  Maybe we did not know about Wikipedia then but I looked it up there this morning.  It states that about one in 10,000 is a four-leaf clover.  Richard Mabey, Brittan's leading nature writer, also according to Wikipedia, states that children learn that a five-leaved clover is even luckier than a four-leaved one.  I could not find any numbers on five-leaf clovers but I truly believe that they are luckier than the four-leaf ones.

I used to pick them and show them to my mother.  She always praised me for finding them.  She seemed to think it was a gift.  I really don't know.  Oh, by the way, I did not pick this one.  It remains on the trail at Gorman Nature Center for you to find, unless of course, a rabbit eats it.

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Blog 


feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: