Thursday, September 8, 2011

Another Installment of Clouds

Gorman Sunrise
I have been thinking about shots that would profit during display from back lighting.  One of the first things to came to mind was clouds.  Stieglitz called them "equivalents".  I have been meaning to look at his shots again and just did.  It seems that his are not grounded.  I mean that there is nothing of the ground to show which way is down.  I somehow picked up the idea that my shots need to be grounded.  I like the way this one has the trees running through the bottom and on one side.  

Gorman Nature Center

How do we distinguish between cloud shots and landscape?  This one I consider a landscape.  The clouds and sun seem the primary interest. 

Gorman Sunrise
I am now getting up before the sun rises and can get into the field in time to photograph the event.  Call me lazy but I seldom make it in the summer.  These captures are HDR, high dynamic range, images.  I am using Photomatix software to combine the shots.  

Gorman Sunrise
I can't call this one clouds because there were none in the sky.  You may notice how high in the frame I put the horizon.  That is my choice.  I like it.

I will let you know what I decide about "grounding" the shots.  I think both ways have merit.  I have shot several cloud shots in the past without the grounding.  I may show you them at some later time.


http://www.larrysimages.com/

Blog 


feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: