Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Have you ever seen a frog smile?

Neither have I.
If they could smile, they would be now.  The Frog Pond is repaired and refilling!


Merrill Tawse rented a backhoe and made the repairs without being paid or reimbursed.  This is a video report on what he did.  It seems that the crew neglected to remove a ditch when they installed the earthworks to contain the pond.  Eventually the water found it and drained the pond.  He filled the hole by which the water was entering the ditch.  The fix was to remove that ditch made of clay tile.  Here is how it looked the morning after. 

  
 We must now wait until it rains to see the pond refill.  View the finished job

I think that Merrill needs to be commended.  He took it upon himself to make the repair.  He paid the rental for the equipment and worked without pay.  I asked if I could give him some money to help pay for the repair.  He thanked me and said that I should rather make a donation to the nature center.  I plan on doing so but the office was not open this morning.  Please consider joining me in helping out.

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Blog



feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



 

No comments: