Monday, August 22, 2011

Catbird Nest?

Gray Catbird
I learned of the existence of the Catbird on a youth group camp out.  We were laying in a tent, the boys, trying to go to sleep and heard this call.  One of the older guys identified it as a Mocking Bird doing a Catbird imitation.  When I began hearing that call at Gorman, I immediately erroneously assumed that it was the Mocking Bird.  I learned in one of the Moms and Kids Wednesday sessions with Merrill Tawse that we had no Mocking Birds at Gorman.  I tracked down the bird from which the sound was emanating and this is a shot of one.  I believe this one to have a nest near the edge of the pond because it makes quite a racket as I walk past each morning.  You can listen for yourself.  It's the "Gray Catbird Mother" at the bottom.


http://www.larrysimages.com/

Blog



feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



No comments: