Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Thorns

Blackberry
This Blackberry plant, yet without leaves, has been catching my attention as I walked past it.  I decided to use an ultra wide lens, Sigma 10 - 20 mm, for the capture.  The lens has lots of DOF but the sharpness only lasted until the apex of the curve.  The contrasty light dictated my perspective.  Otherwise, I would have showed some of the thorns in shadow.

Blackberry
I decided that less contrasty light would be a better way.  I used three captures to increase the overall DOF and pushed down the distracting small tree near the apex.  I was able to vary my perspective without the direct sunlight which worked better.  I still used the Sigma 10 - 20mm lens.

My first reaction, upon seeing this, was my eye being caught by the almost texture of the thorns and the strong leading line of the stalk.  On second thought, I am repulsed by the apparent lethality of the those thorns.  I want to stay away from it.

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: