Friday, June 6, 2014

Tatarian Honeysuckle

Tatarian Honeysuckle
We have a pink honeysuckle called Tatarian.  The blooms form in fours, two of which are shown above.  As I worked these, I found myself wanting tack sharpness for the petals and reproductive parts.

Tatarian Honeysuckle
I liked the odd numbers of petals and reproductive parts.


Lens set on OS1
I had the lens set on OS (optical stabilization) 1.  I thought that I had read it could be set on 1 for tripod mounting.  I found that it was moving around and causing problems with my deep DOF technique.  



Tatarian Honeysuckle
I moved the switch to the off position and sharpness instantly improved and dramatically.  I found myself thinking that I might need to use the macro focusing rail but now I am happy without it.

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


No comments: