Thursday, June 5, 2014

Honeysuckle

Japonica Honeysuckle
With the emergence of leaves on the trees and shrubs the lack of bird photography has left me to find other subjects.  The honeysuckle is in bloom currently and I wanted to see if I could create images better than those created in previous years.

Japonica Honeysuckle
I liked the flower having five petals and five reproductive parts.  I decided that, for my purposes, reproductive parts are more important than the petals, therefore; they must be in focus.

Japonica Honeysuckle
Plant photography is something I have not done for maybe six months.  It seems that I forget how to do it in that time.  I am (re)learning quicker this time around.

Japonica Honeysuckle
 I have been going earlier because of the early sunrise this time of year.  The early post sunrise light is just delicious!

Japonica Honeysuckle
You may notice the change of light quality from diffuse to more contrasty in this series of shots.

Relating to exposure compensation, I wanted the white petals to be white or as near as possible to white.  My Evaluative Metering needs me to increase compensation to +1 especially in the diffuse light.  As the light becomes more contrasty, I must be careful not to let the bright spots lose detail from over exposure.  I might have to dial in - 1 to accomplish this.

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: