Thursday, June 12, 2014

Black Locust Finalle II

Black Locust Setup
These images are probably my definitive expression on Black Locust for this year.


Black Locust
I have spent several hours over at least four days photographing this tree and its blooms.  I have considered the background, the light on the subject, and DOF.  It is a bright location and I did not have lower light on the background to accentuate the subject.

Black Locust
Until today, I thought this was my best shot.  Today, I have trouble with the limb in the background.  I also decided that I wanted less DOF, as in this shot, to obscure the background and enhance the subject.

Black Locust
Today, I think this is my best shot.  The limb is nearly behind the pinnate leaf.  I can see the thorns on the branch.  The background is soft.  This is a focus stack of five shots.  I was "lucky" with focus because the breeze was starting to blow.  You could barely feel it but it would make the leaves move even though I used a rose holder.


Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: