Saturday, April 26, 2014

King On The Float!

Canada Goose Pair
I heard them before I saw them.  There were two pair of Canada Geese playing a game I am calling "King on the Float".

Canada Goose Pair
I wonder if the purpose of the game is to determine to whom the pond will belong for mating.

I read that the male is slightly heavier than the female and can be aggressive as you will see.










The game starts with one pair, probably the dominant pair, leaving the float and swimming around, giving the other pair access to the float.


Which they happily mount.








Once the second pair is at the float, the first pair begins a headlong dash back for it with the male leading the charge.



His charge is quite intimidating.


What would you do if you saw this "mad" goose charging you?


The second pair does just what you and I would do.  They leave.

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook
If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: