Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sweet Briar

Sweet Briar Rose
I chose this one because it is pink and many of the people I know like pictures of pink things.  Pink is not a predominate color at Gorman Nature Center.  I also chose it because it is an Helicon Focus image executed well, in my opinion.

For a time, I thought this a variation of the Multiflora Rose.  It seems that Gorman is being overrun by Multifora Rose, which has a much less colorful bloom.  The Sweet Briar is not native to our area, coming, most probably from Europe.  The leaves, barely visible in this shot, are pinnate and serrated.

Buy your 2014 Calender Here 

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line. 

No comments: