Thursday, January 23, 2014

Halloween Pennant

Halloween Pennant Dragonfly
 The Halloween Pennant is relatively easy to photography.  Like most other dragonflies you need to be there at the correct time.  It's time is usually after I have passed its area.  One day, I finished up late at the pond.  Jan Farrell happened to be out on the other side and called to me that there was one on her side.

They perch, fly away and return like the Blue Dasher.  All you do, is setup and wait.  

I chose the above shot because it is a good ID shot with an out of focus back ground.

Halloween Pennant Dragonfly
Sometimes it would return and perch facing me.  That was fine with me.  I like head shots.  I am unsure why they appeal to me.  They are almost a portraits.  They are probably not the best ID shots.  Details shots would more aptly describe them.

The images I captured in 2013 are my first of this species.

Buy your 2014 Calender Here 

Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


No comments: