Friday, January 10, 2014

Red-winged Blackbird


Red-winged Blackbird

I am told that these birds like to nest around ponds.  We have so many that they nest also in the meadow.  This one was around the pond.  

I get attention from them during the nesting time.  As a result, I have the opportunity to photograph them.  

This image was made during an overcast time.  The light is coming over the photographer's right shoulder and provides a nice catch-light in the birds eye.  The bokeh appeals to my eye because of its smoothness and color.  The green is pine trees if I remember correctly.  For these reasons, it avoided the final cuts. It is beautiful printed on metallic chrome paper.

I shot at wide open, f/5.6, and 1/1000 and handheld.


Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: