Thursday, January 9, 2014

Beyond the Vernal Pool



Stream Bed

I have completed "A Vernal Pool" and it is on the way to Gorman Nature Center.  I am now passing through the remainder of the 2013 shots making prints of the best.  

I should mention that I have withdrawn my stand-out prints from sales.  I need to do more development before I offer them for sale.  The warping is a problem.  I am currently mounting them on lauan, a 3/16 inch floor underlayment.  It is a plywood which is sanded one side to a very smooth finish.  I paint it on the back with latex paint.  I have suspended the attachment of the pull downs for a period of time, until I can be sure they don't cause the curling.

The above shot, Stream Bed, has come through the culling process successfully.  I have printed it 10x6.67 inches.  I am considering printing it 15x10.  It is sand on the stream bottom.  The current has crafted the sand into interesting lines.  The sand is completely under water.  the light is coming from the top right.  I used a circular polarizing filter to eliminate surface reflections.  This is one that I like more and more as I look at it on the wall.

You can order it at the link below.  I can print it on several different papers.  Let me know if it is to be displayed under glass or acrylic.  I can frame it for you if requested.


 Buy your 2014 Calender Here 

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



No comments: