Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Holly



Holly

This is Holly.  She is my friend.  She belongs to someone else.  She is older than I, in dog years.  She begs food, but not from me.  She knows that I will not give her anything and she is okay with that.  She has arthritis and does not get around like she used to.  She has had some close calls during her life.  She once got a rat poison container out of a neighbors trash.  It almost killed her.  She is well cared for and she survived.  I am more than a little ambivalent about dogs in general but not Holly.  I sincerely like her and she likes me.  When I am at her house she comes and lays by my chair, but not during a meal.  I reach down and scratch her ears. She loves it.  I sometimes wonder if the people would like me to scratch their ears.  No one ever asks and I would have to refuse if they did.  She goes to her groomer and gets bows.  She always looks so cute.

Holly is a Shih-poo.  According to Wikipedia:  The Shih-poo is a small domestic dog. It is a crossbreed between a Poodle and a Shih Tzu.[1][2] The name Shih-poo is a portmanteau of the two breed names.

Associations such as the AKC, the UKC, and the CKC, do not recognize the Shih-poo, or any other designer cross, as a breed.

I spent some time at Wikipedia looking for her breed.  I finally had to ask her owner what she was.  Then I found the above information.  The picture of a Shih-poo displayed on Wikipedia had a face like hers but the fur was not all black like hers.

 Buy your 2014 Calender Here 


Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: