Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Image Rescue

Gorman Nature Center
I was so excited over this shooting opportunity in March of 2012.  The dense fog does not happen often.  I was less excited and even disappointed when I viewed the images on my computer.  There was nothing happening in the left side.  I even tried adding a catkin.

Gorman Nature Center
It did not seem to make the difference for which I was looking.  At the time I decided to just crop it square.  It kind of died a slow death.

Recently, I decided to make a print.  I can't remember why.  The print elicited the same response in me and I decided to rework it from scratch after looking at the print for some time.  Save those raw files!  

Gorman Nature Center
I looked at the new interpretation for several days and have decided that I like it.  I wanted more definition in the left side.  I got it by using "clarify" in Adobe Camera Raw.  I also enhanced the left side by adding contrast in "curves."  The print became a pleasing image to me.  The pleasing color combination of yellow and light blue attracted my attention from across the room whether it was upside down or right side up.  It provided enough detail in the left to interest my eye's forays over there and back to the light.

Gorman Nature Center
Buy your 2014 Calender Here 

Larry's Images
 
Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: