Friday, October 18, 2013

Shadow Darner

Shadow Darner
I had noticed these dragonflies flying around the vernal pool.  They would not land so I could get a better look to identify them.  I had one other shoot where I was able to capture an image of one but with a background I did not like.  I had made my ID from that shot.

Shadow Darner
It was late morning and the air had warmed enough for them to fly.  The water was higher in the vernal pool and I did not want to do the setup for insects so I grabbed my bird camera and sat down on the walk to shoot them absentmindedly.  I had "motor drive" enabled at the rate of 8 fps.  They hover every once in a while and with auto focus I found it easier to shoot them than with the insect setup which requires manual focus.  I liked the background of these two shots.

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: