Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Fall Color

Sassafras Leaves
The leaves are starting to change color.  I liked the light the morning that I made this image.  Sassafras trees grow along the trail leading to the wildlife tower.  It seems to me that they are becoming more prevalent.  It, as we probably all know, has three shapes of leaves.  One is oval, one looks like a mitten and one looks like a mitten with a thumb on both sides.  It's wood is orange and may still be used for furniture.  The bark of the roots my be boiled to make tea.  I have always enjoyed drinking sassafras tea.  I read recently that because of an FDA ban it is no longer recommended.  

Woods Vine
The woods vines are turning red also.  That change is a precursor to the trees' leaves changing.

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: