Saturday, October 12, 2013

Shadow Darner

Shadow Darner
I have been seeing these dragonflies flying around the vernal pool.  I could not get a good enough look at them until I got this shot to identify them.  

I saw several exuvia a couple weeks ago and I am now thinking that they may have been those of this dragonfly instead of the Common Green Darner as I previously stated.  

Dragonfly Exuvia
I have been unable to see an identified image of the Shadow Darner exuvia so I am cast adrift not knowing for sure.

Shadow Darner
They hover, giving the photographer an opportunity.  I have had just one session where I had this kind of opportunity.

Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: