Saturday, September 21, 2013

Vernal Pool Series


Vernal Pool South of Covered Bridge
This is a man made vernal pool.  As I understand it, the presence of salamanders sets it apart as a true vernal pool.  The level of water changes throughout the year.  It was totally dry, no water showing, a year ago.  I think that is why it has so much grass growing in it.  

I am thinking of making a series of prints of this pool and the wildlife found in and near it.  With that in mind, I made images of it.

Vernal Pool South of Covered Bridge
 I thought that I would need to be elevated with the camera to capture its essence.  I would estimate that at the stage shown the water would be maybe waist deep in the center.

Photographer on the Ladder.
I borrowed an eight foot stepladder and mounted a clamp and ball head on it.  My camera went on the ball head.  My wireless remote device was not working, probably dead batteries.  I had to set the 10 second delay, run around the pool and climb the ladder.  I eventually learned to get around the pool and up the ladder in time.

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: