Thursday, September 19, 2013

Progressive Bee Fly

Progressive Bee Fly
 This insect is smaller than a honey bee.  It has the eyes of a fly and the abdomen of a bee.  
 
Progressive Bee Fly
I don't know if you can see it or not, but it is covered with pollen.  (Click to enlarge)  It is feeding on the bloom of the tall sunflower.

Photographically, I have noticed that yellow is difficult to expose because the RGB histogram on the camera does not show it as over exposed.  I don't find it until home on the computer.  I am trying to under expose it by two stops to compensate.  That seems pretty close.

I like the tall sunflower, though I find blooms at my eye level hard to fine.  Some interesting insects visit it. 

Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: