Sunday, August 11, 2013

Slaty Skimmer II

Slaty Skimmer
I have shown you shots of the Slaty Skimmer before.  These are some more recent shots I thought worth sharing.

Slaty Skimmer
 I was shooting damselflies that day without much success.  This dragonfly landed close.  It was not so close that I could not focus on it.  It required, however; a 90 degree turn to my right.  I made the turn successfully without frightening it off.  I like the intimate head shots.  I can really see what they look like.

I should mention that a Slaty Skimmer Dragonfly had hovered just a foot from me prior to this opportunity.  It was almost eye to eye with me.  I wonder if it was deciding if I was safe.  

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: