Monday, August 12, 2013

Blue Dasher II

Blue Dasher
I found these more recent shots of the Blue Dasher I thought worth bringing to your attention.  You may remember my previous shots of it.  I liked the shape of the leaf, above, used as a perch.

Blue Dasher
I was attracted to this shot.  It slings my eye from the tail to the insect's left eye, in focus, to the beautiful bokeh in the background.  My eye then comes back to admire the symmetry of its legs supporting it on the reed.

Maybe I am not supposed to tell you what it does to me.  Do you have an experience similar to that?

I was reminded the other day that I have made shots like this before.  The one I saw was from 2009.

Blue Dasher 6-26-2009
 I guess I did not get the feeling that it was well received.  I still like it, though.  I like the background in the one above better.  What do you think?

Larry's Images


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: