Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Culver's Root

Culver's Root: Four Leaves
This is a plant which attracts my eye every year.  This year I was able to remember its name without going back to look it up.

Interestingly, it has leaves arranged in a whorl around the stem.  They are serrated.  The plant grows in five variations.  It has 3 to 7 leaves in each whorl.  The number of leaves does not vary on any given plant.

Culver's Root:  5 Leaves
I decided to try to find all the variations at Gorman which I have done successfully.

Culver's Root:  Six Leaves
I have found a three leaf variant and a seven leaf one as well.  I am not particularly pleased with the images of the three leaf one.  I just found the seven leaf one the day before yesterday.  I did not have good light that day and have not returned as yet.

Larry's Images

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: