Saturday, March 23, 2013

Self Portrait III

Larry Eicher
I think that the old adage, "The third time is the charm," applies to this shoot.  I rearranged my light and reflectors once again before starting.  I achieved sharp focus and pleasing light.  The left lens of my glasses did not deform the line of my face as the right one had.  

Larry Eicher
I focused on the pose early in this shoot because I was happy with other factors.

Setup
As you can see above, I moved the main light to my left.  I had the Styrofoam reflectors on both sides.  I placed the 41 inch silver reflector lower.  I used two Canon 420 EX slave flashes and and a CN-160 video light as a modeling light all shooting through the umbrella.  This made it much easier to aim the silver reflector.  In case you have wondered.  I used pasteboard box placed on the stool upon which to focus and adjust the reflective lighting.  I set the camera on two second delay and used a Canon RC-1 remote control to release the shutter.  I would release the shutter and do my pose before the exposure.

If were going to make a fourth effort, I think that I would remove or cover the reflective Styrofoam on my left to achieve a bit more contrast on the the face.

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: