Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Progress of Spring


Eastern Bluebird

I know that I am not the only one who longs for spring.  I just find myself looking for its signs as I walk. 

This is probably the best time to photograph birds.  There are no leaves to block the view.  They are concerned about establishing territory and mating.  I love getting closer looks!

Turkey Vulture
I saw this Turkey Vulture on March 15, the day they reportedly return to Hinkley, OH each year.  It was flying away and this was the best shot available to me.  I could tell that it was a buzzard because of its flight characteristics.

I have been seeing and hearing Red-winged Blackbirds since either March 13 or 14.

Thin Ice mr_vl1977_869
I have been collecting shots in the category of "thin ice" for several years.  This is the latest showing cattail sprouts.  I wonder if they like the freezing air.  It looks as though some may have died.

http://www.larrysimages.com/

Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



No comments: