Thursday, March 21, 2013

Portrait of the Photographer

Larry Eicher
    I have a new hair cut and decided I should have a new picture on Facebook.  I felt like working on it after returning from Gorman one morning.  

I made several shots of which I think this has the best lighting.  My main light needed to be moved further forward.  I think that I need to remove the cord on my glasses and my bluetooth ear piece.  I have a very limited space in my workshop which I used for this shot.  I have been thinking of how to provide more space for the setup.  I have given myself a redo on this.

I used a 32" white umbrella through which I fired three Canon 420 EX slave flashes.  I have a 4x8 piece of white Styrofoam opposite the light.  I used a 41" silver reflector below in front.  I don't think that I had it aimed right.  I would have liked more light above the eyes.  I need to think of a way to aim it before I shoot.  Did I say this is a self portrait?

I also want to try turning my head the other direction into or toward the light.  I would like the white reflector opposite the light closer, also.  I used a rolling desk chair for the subject.  I found it too movable.  I think that I will use a stool next time.  Focus is sensitive and I must not move once I set it.  Next time I hope to show the setup after making the shot.   

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: