Saturday, March 30, 2013

Metal Prints Retrospective I

Stones Print Metal
I am at the point of thinking back over the experience of making the metal prints on aluminum using Booksmart Studios media.  Printing these was similar in many ways to making what I am now calling Faux Metal Prints.

I sat down yesterday and listed concerns most of which were unique to printing on sheet aluminum.  They were, in no particular order, printing, Print Shield, cutting, wavy edges, adhesive and painting edges.

Printing:  I experienced problems with my Epson R2880 printer printing the
size I specified in CS5.  The problems occurred with the Manual Load front
straight pass through feed.  It appears that the margins upon which it can't print
are more restrictive than with the top load back paper feed.  The Epson support 
people tell me that the margins are 0.12" for the top and sides.  The
bottom margin is .56".  The printer wanted to use 13x19 size to print a 10x6.67
image.  I set it to print the image on the 8.5x11 metal sheet.  It reduced the
image size to the margins above.  The 6.67" dimension was fine but the 10" came out 9.375.  I am still not entirely clear on the outcome
of my incident.  Its, size, is not so critical since these prints do not go
behind a mat or in a frame.  Call me a "control freak" but I find that disquieting.  I suppose I must just accept that limitation of my printer. 

Larry's Images



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


No comments: