Sunday, February 17, 2013

Stones at Gorman

Stream Bed Stones
I took a walk down the stream bed the other day.  It tends to happen this time of year.  I set up my recorder and walked while it recorded the birds, etc.  I wanted to view the stream bed since it is almost always different after a rain.  

Striated Igneous Rock
I always see rocks I like when I take these walks.  This is one I saw on my above mentioned walk.  I have cans and cans of rocks in the basement at home.  I thought that I would make closeups of the rock instead of picking it up.  

Granular Two-color Rock
I find myself trying to classify these rocks based on my very limited knowledge of geology.  I wonder from where they came.  I usually think North in answer to that question because of the glacier.  I look into them and try to imagine what their forming might have looked like.  The rocks are mostly rounded in the stream bed for obvious reasons.  

I have been making it out more lately.  We are nearing the beginning of March and then spring.  I love being out.  I hear birds I don't know and wonder what they are.  I look and listen to clues as answers to my questions.

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: