Thursday, February 21, 2013

Macro Photography II

Water Flea
I used my Sigma 105 mm Macro for this shot with a Mamiya 50mm mounted on the front in reverse as a closeup lens. 

Sigma 105mm with Mamiya 50mm Mounted on the Front
Please note that I used an Adorama Micro Focusing Rail for yesterday's tests.  It greatly aided the close focusing as I could set the lens on the closest setting and then focus with the focusing rail.  I guess that it is why it is named thus.

Water Flea
This is another shot with the above setup.

Sigma 105 mm with Mamiya 50 mm
My calculations showed this to be 2.89x on the sensor.

I have yet to make any shots, except the scale, at higher x numbers.  This is to be continued.

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: