Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Fungi

Late Oyster
I think that the undersides of mushrooms are as or more beautiful than the top.  This image did not provide me with a good view to the top when I returned to the computer to make the ID.  I went back for another shot showing the top.  

Late Oyster
The coloration made me think that it might be Bitter Oyster.  The top and bottom seem to have the same color.  My only pause was that I did not think they were small enough.  The guide I use, Mushrooms by Kent and Vera McKnight, does not show a very large picture of the Bitter Oyster.  I am starting to think that that may in fact be what it is.  

I would observe that in photographing a mushroom one needs to show both the top and underside for ID purposes.  Sometimes one needs even more than that.  

I met a photographer at Gorman whose name is Mike Jarosick.  He recently sent me e-mail about some of his mushroom shots, specifically of the Dryad's Saddle.  I thought the he did a very competent job of capturing all angles and views.

My favorite of Mike's shots
You can see all of Mikes shots at his gallery.


http://www.larrysimages.com/



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


Feed 


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: