Saturday, November 5, 2011

Near Objects

GNC Frog Pond
I returned the second time to get this one.  It is a combination of bracketed exposures with various focusing points.  I used a Sigma 10 - 20 mm lens.  The lens has a good amount of DOF, depth-of-field.  I used only two or three focusing points in the distance.  As I came to focusing on the near objects, I focused on several cattails.  On the nearest cattail, I focused three or four times.  In my mind at present, I have the understanding that, even in a landscape with a wide lens, you must use macro focusing techniques on near objects.  The deep DOF becomes progressively less as you focus on near objects.  

I do think that there is a limit to how close you can get to the near object.  My lens was not over two inches from the nearest cattail.  I used a rose holder to stabilize the cattail.  The far focused shots tend to leave a slight border around the near objects so you must be careful.  I might be able to eliminate some of the far focus shots which would help this problem.

I really like this shot.  I used a circular polarizing filter on it.  I like the light and how it washes the scene.  

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: