Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Setting Moon 9-18-11

Setting Moon 9-18-11
I recently finished reading the October issue of Outdoor Photographer Magazine. Todd Sali's article, "Making Time-Lapse", kind of stuck in my mind.  I decided, on a whim to try it the other morning.  The moon was setting and presented a subject.  The information that Todd presented had been mixing around in my mind for several days.  I do not own a intervalometer, so I had to make the exposures manually.  I more or less arbitrarily decided on a 30 second interval.  The vision I had was of the moon descending from the top to the bottom of the frame.  It took about 10 minutes for that to happen.  I made 21 captures during that time.  I had not thought through the way this would affect my workflow.  It sort of overwhelmed me on the computer.  I have since thought of ways to automate the process.  I also have decided to save only the raw files and the finished "video" to conserve storage space.  I used my video editing software into which I can put still images and set the duration of each.  I used .042 second for the duration because that is what I calculated for 24 frames/second, a standard frame rate.  It was a lot of work but will be less the next time I do it.  You can see the result.  Don't blink because it lasts less than a second.

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Blog 


feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: