Friday, September 23, 2011

Cherry Tree near Observation Tower

Cherry Tree near Observation Tower
I noticed this tree quite a few times because it is leaning at an acute angle.  I thought that could make an interesting image but did not know what to do about it until recently.  I noticed how its angle was parallel to the steps of the observation tower.  With that idea, I had something with which I could work.  I incorporated two techniques to make this capture.  I use Deep DOF, depth of field, and HDR, high dynamic range capture.  In other words I focused on the tower and shot six captures.  I set my aperture to f/11 and varied the shutter speed.  I shot the first at six stops under the meter recommended setting, than four, two and right on the setting.  I then proceed to shot at two stops over and four over.  I would later combine these in HDR software called Photomatix.  I then focused on the tree and repeated the above captures.  I would later run them through Photomatix also.  Then I used HDR software, Helicon Focus, to combine those two resultant images into what you see above.  It sounds complicated but works well.  Of course, you must use a tripod and be careful not to bump it during the capture sequence.  A shutter release cable is also necessary.

http://www.larrysimages.com/

Blog 


feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: