Friday, September 2, 2011

Black and Yellow Garden Spider

Black and Yellow Garden Spider
This is a spider which is visible at this time of year.  It is fairly common.  It's appearance might scare some people.  It even scares me a little.

I was photographing a spider the other day which I thought that I did not know.  

Black and Yellow Garden Spider Male
I thought that the image was usable but I was unsure of what it might be.  I discovered that it was the male.  The one I had seen all my life was the female.  The male is smaller and this view is of the underside.  The factor which helped me with the ID was the way they hold their eight legs in groups of  two. 



Blog



feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.



No comments: