Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Rock from Reed

Reed Rock
Reed sent me a package in the mail the other day.  Inside were three pieces of rock.  This one was specially indicated requesting a phone call from me as soon as I identified it.  Well, I was photographing frogs and insects but I photographed this the other morning on the way out the door.  I was able to get a better look at it.  He thought it was a geode.  He had recently cracked it open.  My first thought was that the light colored rock was quartz.  I still think that it is.  I eliminated some other possibilities. It does not taste salty and it does not react with HCl, hydrochloric acid.  The darker rock surrounding it, looks to me like it could be flint.  Somewhere, I seem to remember that there is some relationship between the two.  If you happen to know please let me know if I am right, wrong or what.  Thanks.  Reed and I are counting on you.

http://www.larrysimages.com/

Blog



feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook.

No comments: