Monday, August 15, 2011

More Milkweed Creatures

Large Milkweed Bugs
After we talked about the caterpillar and other insects from the milkweed the other day, I thought that maybe I should show the other insects which I know frequent, if not live on the milkweed.  I originally thought that I have shots in the archives I could use but then I saw them the other morning and decided to show you new ones.  These bugs are very prevalent on the plant at this time of year.  You can find groups of the young without much looking.

Red Milkweed Beetle
This is the one which brought my attention to the difference between bugs and beetles.  The words seem to be used interchangeably as the June Bug is really a beetle.  The two insects pictured here have names which obviously differ only with the addition of "bug" or "beetle".  I was hoping that I could discover unique explanation for you but I did not make it.  Sorry!  I will entertain any comments on the subject.

Red Milkweed Beetle
This is a shot from the archives back in 2005.  I have always liked the face to face confrontation of this shot.

http://www.larrysimages.com/


Blog



feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


Follow Larry's Images on Facebook



No comments: