Friday, November 19, 2010

Limb, water, grass

Limb in pond
I spent some time viewing this limb the other morning.  I felt some kind of draw but struggled to decide what it was.  I like the frost on the grass and the limb.  I liked the ambiguity of the parts of the limb.  On another morning I notice that more the limb extends onto the "dry" part not shown here.  That formed an almost surreal view with the light coming from the top rather than from the left top.  It looked like the limb was not there where it was under water.  In this image, however; you can see it under water.  It draws me in.  I decided that I would walk across the room if this were on the wall.  I would want to see more closely what there was to see.  I am not sure that I am satisfied as I look closer.  I really like the reflection of the blue sky on the water contrasted with the green of the grass.  If memory serves, those colors are adjacent on the color wheel and seem to create for me a feeling of peace.  I am unsure that the final word has been thought or written on this limb in the nearly dry pond.  

http://www.larrysimages.com


Blog


feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: