Friday, October 29, 2010

Must keep track!

Digital Voice Recorder
Back in the days when I shot film, I carried a notebook and wrote down pertinent information about my shots.  I needed to know that information when I viewed my slides so I would know what I did correctly and what I did incorrectly.  In recent years, I have begun carrying a digital sound recorder on which I list information I will need later.  I can download the sound files onto my computer and save them with the image files.  Shooting film again has caused me to change the way I record the data because the Elan 7 does not record any information about the shots.  I have decided that I must learn to list the information in the order in which I enter it into my database. 

A sample of my image database

 I think that it will be better to do it that way for both cameras.  I think that shooting film puts additional emphasis on the need to keep track of what I do in the field!

http://www.larrysimages.com



Blog



feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: