Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Blast from the Past!

Kodachrome film box


I read in Photo Technique magazine recently that Kodachrome slide film processing is going away on December 30, 2010.  According to Wikipedia, Kodak discontinued manufacture of the film on June 22, 2009.  There is one lab in the US and one in Europe now processing the film.  The news article by Wendy Erickson pointed out that there is still film for sale on eBay.  I went there and bought one roll.  It is Kodachrome 64 which expires in November of 2010.  I still have a Canon Elan 7.  It has been about four to five years since I used it.  It was a “museum” piece in the living room.  I dusted it off and couldn’t remember how to turn it on.  I finally found the manual and again familiarized myself with the camera’s controls.  I have loaded the film, set the ISO, found a remote shutter release, and begun shooting.  I have exposed 20 frames thus far.  I am keeping track of my thoughts and reactions as I go through the process for you. 

Canon Elan 7 camera body
http://www.larrysimages.com

Blog

 feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: