Monday, October 25, 2010

American Sycamore Tree

American Sycamore Tree


My daughter invited me to the family's cabin near Jackson last weekend for her birthday.  We took a walk and saw this scene.  They have a beautiful place!  The children love to climb the trees, including this one.

I was telling someone that the National Champion American Sycamore is also in Ohio.  It is located on private property near Jeromesville, Ohio.  I was granted permission a few years ago to walk back to it.  The tree is quite large.  I found it difficult, even with wide lenses to really capture its largeness.  I finally settled for a detail shot, see below.  It has a circumference of  422 inches, height 129 ft., and 105 ft. spread.

National Champion American Sycamore
It has three trunks, two of which you can see in the shot.  My friend is over six feet tall.  He looks dwarfed by the tree.

http://www.larrysimages.com

Blog

feed:  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml

If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: