Friday, October 1, 2010

An image helps me find my glasses.

Gorman Nature Center Foggy Morning
We had a very foggy morning at Gorman the other day.  I arrived in time to make this image and others.  I had picked out some views in the forest which I thought would work best during a fog so I decided to walk that trail.  The trail was not in as good a condition as I had remembered it.  I made several shots but the one I really want to share is the one that helped my find my glasses lens.

split Cherry Tree
The trail was up and down and had many obstructions.  It would not be too bad for a hiker but I tow a yard cart containing my photography equipment as I walk.  I had difficulty getting it past the obstructions.  Anyway, this is one of the shots I made.  I still had quite a ways to walk to get back to reasonable, for me, terrain.  I started noticing that I could not see as well as I thought that I should.  I had been playing with the grandchildren and thought that maybe they had accidentally bent my glasses.  I started to try to adjust my glasses as I walked but could not seem to get it right.  I was getting tired and was anxious to get home.  I made it back to the easy trails and saw an inflorescence of Indian Grass which interested me.  I stopped to photograph it.  After the shot, I put my glasses back on and realized I was missing a lens.  I was so tired that I felt unequal to retracing my steps.  I started back to the truck and finally decided I had energy to walk part of the way across the difficult trail.  I thought that I could hide my cart and walk without it.  I tried to remember when I had begun to notice that my vision was not as good.  I stopped at each place where I had made an image along that trail and did not find my lens.  I thought of this shot, saying to myself that I would go no further than its location because I was so tired.  You have probably guessed that I found my lens near this Cherry Tree.  I kind of like the image in sepia.



Feed =  http://www.larryatlarrysimages.com.blogspot.com/atom.xml

No comments: