Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Blast from the Past!

Carol's Mannequin
I was standing by the sliding door talking on the cell phone in a rather lengthy conversation.  Carol's mannequin was standing nearby in the dinning room.  The light was coming from the double windows behind it in the same room.  I saw this image and remembered it.  One day, when it was raining outside, I decided to see if I could reproduce what I saw from memory.  I worked quite a while on the lighting, even putting a scrim inside it to control where the light went and what it showed.  I made this in March, 2007 and had forgotten about it until Carol gave me back the print.  Upon looking at it today, I realized just how evocative it is and I think that I rather did a good job on the lighting.  What do you think?    

No comments: