Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Corn Planting Is Near

Case IH 9330 Tractor

Most of this work was done last fall.  This tractor is a 240 hp tractor which is good for pulling heavy discs and chisel plows.

Case IH Chisel Plow
I think this implement is used before planting corn.  Gets the year's detritus into the soil so that it can rot over the winter.

Case IH True-tandem 330 Turbo Disc
This implement is possibly used before sowing beans.

Keith's corn planter and grain drill are both no-till rated so tilling is not absolutely needed ahead of them.  My father had a wheel disc but no chisel plow.  I drove the disc ahead of the planter.  Things are different today.  That tractor looks like a "hummer" to me.  I am sure I would have liked to drive it.  The only thing missing for me is the Persian orange paint.



Blogspot


Buy your 2017 Calendar Here 


Larry's Images and Aerial



Follow Larry's Images on Facebook


If you wish to unsubscribe, email to larry@larrysimages.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.


No comments: